Published on April 23rd, 2014 | by William Charles1
[NY Only] Bethpage Credit Union – Receive A $100 Bonus When You Open A Checking Account + 1% APY
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: NY only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: None
- Receive a $100 bonus when you open a Beth Page checking account and create a reoccurring direct deposit to the new account. The first direct deposit must be received within 60 days of account opening.
- You’ll also receive a bonus $25 for every friend you refer to Beth Page that opens a bonus checking account (they’ll also receive the $100 bonus), up to a maximum of 10 people per year ($250). Click for more information.
The Fine Print
- All bank bonuses are counted as interest and as such they will be reported to the IRS, you have to pay taxes on this.
- Receive a 1% APR when you set up a reoccurring direct deposit and have at least 10 point of sale debit card transactions per month.
$100 bonus is valid until June 30th, 2014Bonus is back and does not have an expiry date. Thanks to reader Anthony.
There is no monthly fee when you open an account with Beth Page, there is also no early account termination fee.
BethPage has a referral program, you can receive $25. You should be able to stack this with the $100 sign up bonus, as it looks like you submit the referral form after they have already signed up. More information can be found here.
Unfortunately at the moment not much is known about this offer. For example, we don’t know whether it’s a hard or soft pull – whether you can fund it via credit card and what counts as a direct deposit other than an employer payment or government benefit.
Because the bonus is only $100 we’d recommend avoiding this bonus until more information is known. The expiration date still isn’t for awhile, so you’ve got plenty of time. We will update this post as more information comes to hand.