Published on October 1st, 2019 | by William Charles331
Cash App (Square Cash Debit Card): Cash Boost – Get Cash Back On Categories/Specific Merchants (New Boosts Added)
Update 10/1/19: New boosts added, such as:
- AMC: $3 off each visit ($5 minimum spend)
- MTA: $1 off each purchase ($1.5 minimum spend)
Add any others you see in the comments.
Update 9/6/19: Looks like Target 5% off each visit has changed to Target $1 off $1.50. Must wait 1 hour in between redemption.
Update 8/14/19: Looks like the coffee shop visit is locked for some people and they have to make 5 debit card purchases to unlock it. Hat tip to reader Jon S. Some new boosts as well:
- Safeway: 5% off each visit. Max discount $7.50
- Target: 5% off each visit. Max discount $7.50
- Burger King: $1 off, $1.5 minimum spend
- Airbnb: 5% off ($20 max)
- Jamba Juice: 10% off
- Panda Express: 10% off
8/9/19: New boosts added, 5% at CVS with a $7.50 max and 10% at Dollar Tree with a $7.5 max. (ht Michael)
7/12/19: New boosts added, $3 off AMC and 10% off Dairy Queen ($7.50 maximum discount). Hat tip to DDG
Update 6/7/19: New boost has been added: 15% on Doordash (ht reader A.) Seems that some people are getting different amounts, like 10% back or 20% back.
Update 3/14/19: New boosts have been added including:
- Trader Joe’s 10% back
- Del Taco
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Kroger: 10% back ($7.5 max)
- Five Guys: 10% back ($7.5 max)
- Dominos: $2 off ($3 minimum spend)
Keep in mind it seems like these deals are localized, so you won’t necessarily see the same offers.
Update 8/31/18: Reader Max tells us they’ve updated the list, including bumping Whole Foods from 5% to 10% and more additions and changes.
- The Square Cash Debit Card is now offering all customers something called ‘Cash Boost’. Basically you choose one place or category to earn cash back in. Some examples:
- $1 off at coffee shops ($1.5 minimum spend)
- $1 off at Subway ($1.5 minimum spend)
- 5% off at Whole Foods
- 10% off at Chick-fil-A
- 15% off at Chipotle
- 10% off at Panera
- 15% off at Shake Shack
- You can change your boost once every 24 hours and you can use it once every 2 hours
They tested a similar feature on a small subset of users, offering $1.5 back at coffee shops. $1 back at coffee shops is still great though, especially since those transactions are usually small and frequent (e.g daily cup) rather than one large purchase less often. Quite sad that this debit card has a better rewards program than the Chase Starbucks card. You should also still be able to get a $10 bonus for sending money via Square cash the first time.