Published on March 14th, 2019 | by William Charles166
Cash App (Square Cash Debit Card): Cash Boost – Get Cash Back On Categories/Specific Merchants (New Boosts Added)
Update 3/14/19: New boosts have been added including:
- Trader Joe’s 10% back
- Del Taco
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Kroger: 10% back ($7.5 max)
- Five Guys: 10% back ($7.5 max)
- Dominos: $2 off ($3 minimum spend)
Keep in mind it seems like these deals are localized, so you won’t necessarily see the same offers.
Update 8/31/18: Reader Max tells us they’ve updated the list, including bumping Whole Foods from 5% to 10% and more additions and changes.
- The Square Cash Debit Card is now offering all customers something called ‘Cash Boost’. Basically you choose one place or category to earn cash back in. Some examples:
- $1 off at coffee shops ($1.5 minimum spend)
- $1 off at Subway ($1.5 minimum spend)
- 5% off at Whole Foods
- 10% off at Chick-fil-A
- 15% off at Chipotle
- 10% off at Panera
- 15% off at Shake Shack
- You can change your boost once every 24 hours and you can use it once every 2 hours
They tested a similar feature on a small subset of users, offering $1.5 back at coffee shops. $1 back at coffee shops is still great though, especially since those transactions are usually small and frequent (e.g daily cup) rather than one large purchase less often. Quite sad that this debit card has a better rewards program than the Chase Starbucks card. You should also still be able to get a $10 bonus for sending money via Square cash the first time.