Published on May 26th, 2016 | by William Charles3
[Expired][OH, PA only] Dollar Bank $150 Checking Bonus In Branch
This offer has expired, you can view more bank account bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: OH, PA, also must live within 100 miles of a branch & apply in branch. [Branch locator here]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: Keep account open for one year
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Need to keep account open for one year to get full bonus, but $25/180 EATF otherwise.
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Open an Everything Checking account with Dollar bank and receive a $150 sign up bonus, bonus is broken down as follows:
- add payroll direct deposit ($250+ and a debit MasterCard® and $100 in purchases is on us
- Receive an additional $50 when your account has been open for one year
The Fine Print
- Offer for Workplace Banking participants and new checking customers only and is non-transferable
- To receive $100 rebate, checking account must be opened by 12/31/16, coupon must be presented at account opening, account must receive cumulative payroll direct deposits of $250 or more within 60 days ofaccount opening, and account must be in good standing
- $100 debit card rebate will be added to the new checking account within 45 days of the qualifying cumulative payroll direct deposits; rebate will be credited for Dollar Bank Debit MasterCard purchases made via signature (not PIN)
- Additional $50 credit will be applied within 2 months of the 1-year anniversary of account opening provided account qualified for the
debit card rebate, is active, in good standing and in a qualifying plan
- Maximum amount is $150 per account and one per household
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The Everything checking account has a $5 monthly fee, it’s waived if either of the following conditions is met:
- Six transactions post to the account (ACH debits count, so you could pull money from this account to another bank)
- You have an average checking balance of $2,500 or more
For every friend you refer you can earn a $25 bonus, person being referred won’t receive anything. Apparently this is stackable, but YMMV. Feel free to share your referrals in the comments.
Bit annoying to get the full bonus because you’ll need to keep the account fee free for about 14-15 months to get the full bonus. If you put $2,500 into a 1% account you’d be losing out on ~$31.25 in interest ($156.25 if in a 5% account), you might be better just purchasing 6 amazon gift cards for $0.50 every month or setting up an ACH debit six times a month.
It’s probably worth doing if you’ve completed the better bonuses available and you live in the target area. They also offered basically the same $150 bonus previously, so looks to be an on going offer.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank