Published on January 5th, 2020 | by William Charles87
[WA, OR, ID & In Branch] Columbia Bank $300 Business Checking Bonus
Update 1/5/2020: Deal has now been extended until February 29th, 2020.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in: Washington, Oregon and Idaho. [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $500 & maintain for 90 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be open at time of bonus posting
- Household limit: None listed, one per business though
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2018 October 31st, 2018 November 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018 January 31st, 2018 February 28th, 2019 March 31st, 2019 April 30th, 2019 June 30th, 2019 July 31st, 2019 August 31st, 2019 October 31st, 2019 December 31st, 2019February 29th, 2020
- Columbia Bank is offering a $300 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a new Business Growth Checking or Business Relationship Checking Account using promo code e-mail to you. You get this code on the landing page linked above.
- Make at least one deposit of $500 or more within 15 calendar days of opening
- Maintain an average daily balance of $500 or more for the first 90 days
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer.
- To receive the $300 gift: 1) Open a Business Growth Checking or Business Relationship Checking Account, subject to approval, 2) Make at least one deposit of $500 or more to the account within 15 calendar days of account opening and 3) Maintain an average daily balance of $500 or more for the first 90 days after account opening. All standard account opening procedures apply.
- This offer is not available to existing Columbia Bank business checking account customers.
- Fiduciary accounts and nonprofit organizations do not qualify for the offer.
- Offer is not available to those whose business checking accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Limit one $300 gift per qualifying account. Limit one $300 gift per business.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we will deposit the gift in your new account in the three months following the 90-day review period.
- The gift is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS in accordance with applicable law.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of the gift fulfillment are not eligible for this offer.
- Employees of Columbia Bank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.
- You must present this offer code at the time of account opening to qualify for the gift.
- We reserve the right to restrict or change this offer at any time.
- Number of days used to determine gift eligibility will be calendar days. Member FDIC.
Business Growth Checking is the easiest eligible account to keep fee free. It has a $10 monthly fee, this is waived if you do any of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases per month
- or $2,500 minimum daily balance
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be open at time of bonus posting. Other than that I don’t think there is any early account termination fee.
They also have a $200 personal checking bonus worth doing. I imagine you can open both at the same time. This $300 business checking bonus is definitely worth doing, only requires a $500 deposit to trigger the bonus. I guess most people would deposit $2,500 to avoid the monthly fees as well. Either way still a great bonus and we will be adding this to our best business checking account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Jacob W who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times