Update 7/12/21: New deals
- Earn 5x at Amazon (limit $1,000 in spend) ends 8/8/21
- Earn 5x at Whole Foods (limit $1,000 in spend) ends 8/8/21
- Earn 5x at Costco (limit $500 in spend) ends 8/8/21
Update 6/25/21: You can now earn 10x at Tesla Superchargers until 7/18. Hat tip to reader Davis
Update 6/24/21: You can receive 3,500 points if you spend any amount on five consecutive days between 12:01AM PDT 06/24/2021 and 11:59PM PDT 07/03/2021 (excluding funds transfers and restricted MCCs) and the total amount over such five day period is greater than or equal to $200.
Update 6/21/21: Currently 10x Amazon spending offer. 5K point max. Hat tip to reader ieatdogfood
Update 6/16/21: Point is actually offering some users the ability to refer others and both receive $250. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible to tell what links are what and obviously everybody is going to claim to have the $250 links. Most people either have links for $100 + $100 or $250 + $100 (e.g they get $250 and you get only $100). Wish Point would make this clearer but I suspect they really only want people to refer people they know.
Update 6/15/21: Point is offering 20x on Etsy purchases until June 21, 2021.
Update 6/13/21: There is a referral bonus for $250, unfortunately only the person referring somebody gets $250. Person being referred gets $100.
Update 6/9/21: New offer for 10% back at Whole Foods, up to 5,000 bonus points. Valid until 6/13/21.
Update 6/4/21: Can also earn 5% on Best Buy until June 13, 2021. Maximum of $50.
Update 6/2/21: In June spend $100 total and also have 5 transactions 5 days in a row to get $30 of points. Kenny S
Update 5/18/21: Now offering 1,500 points when you make purchases five days in a row within the next ten days. Purchases must be over $5 each and made between 12am on 05/18/2021 and 11:59pm PDT on 05/27/2021.
Update 5/15/21: Points is offering 1 point per $1 for the first transfer made by a linked bank account before 05/24/2021. Maximum of 1,000 points.
Update 5/11/21: Connect Point Card to your Spotify account by 5/23, and we’ll give you 3 free months in points on top of the 5x you can already earn with your Spotify subscription.
Update 4/28/21: Some cardholders are being offered 15x points at Target through May 2, limit 5,000 points. Terms exclude gift cards.
Update 4/14/21: Referral bonus has been extended to 4/28/2021, only requires a single purchase.
Update 4/2/21: Referral bonus now requires a single purchase rather than $1,000 in spend. Hat tip to reader alex
Point is a new rewards debit card on the market. Let’s take a look in this quick review.
- Annual fee of $49
- No sign up bonus, although you can get 50,000 points (worth $50) when signing up through Drop or $100 via referral
- Card earns at the following rates:
- Earn 5x on subscription purchases
- Earn 3x on delivery and ride share
- Earn 1x on all other purchases
- The account has an $8,000 monthly deposit limit, which you have hit. Once your account hits that $8,000 monthly limit it’ll hold the remaining funds for another 30 days or so and then continue depositing the funds.
- Points are worth 1¢ each
- Phone insurance covers up to $1,000/yr. in loss or damage when you pay with Point Card.
- New purchase insurance reimburses you up to $1,000 in loss/damage.
- Trip cancellation insurance covers up to $1,500 for expenses for cancellation/delay.
For most people they will be better of with just a standard rewards earning credit card, especially as this debit card comes with an annual fee. There are some limited use cases for this point card, but how useful that is will depend on how tolerant Point is with large purchases.
Point is offering a 10,000 points ($100 bonus) when you use a referral link and spend at least $1,000 on your card within 30 days of account opening. Person referring you also receives 10,000 points. Valid until 6/30/2021. Do not share your referrals here, but you can share them in this linked post.
Hat tip to reader T