Published on December 18th, 2019 | by Chuck7
[Expired] Publix: Save $10 on Groceries when you Buy $50+ Mastercard Gift Card
Deal has expired, view more Publix deals by clicking here
Update 12/18/19: Deal is back and valid until December 24th, 2019. Hat tip to GC Galore
- Publix has a coupon which offers $10 off a grocery shopping of $50+ when you buy a $50 Mastercard gift card.
The Fine Print
- Coupon valid May 18 – May 31, 2019.
- Disclaimer: $4.95 purchase charge applies. See gift cards for terms, conditions and fees.
- Original coupon and single transaction for at least $50 of groceries required, excluding alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps, fuel cards, phone and gift cards, and prescriptions.
- Limit one (1) coupon per household per day.
- Publix accepts only one minimum purchase coupon for every minimum grocery purchase, meaning minimum purchase coupons cannot be combined. Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes. Reproduction or transfer of this coupon is strictly prohibited.
- This card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. No cash access.
I think this means you buy the $50 Mastercard and the $50 of groceries in a single transaction and apply the $10 coupon. You’ll net $5.05 after the purchase charge, makes sense if you find it easy to deal with the Mastercard. Use Chase Freedom this quarter for 5x or use another card that earns bonus points at the grocery.
Hat tip to GCgalore