Published on February 17th, 2015 | by William Charles1
Purchasing & Activating Redcards, Free $2, Diversify Your Manufactured Spend, 20% Hyatt Bonus + CSP Referrals
- Mercari Resale Shopping App Free $2 Credit and $2 Referrals (Like eBay) by Maximizing Money. Might be worth signing up for, especially if you can get some friends to sign up for some referral credit.
- How important is diversifying manufactured spend? by Freequent Flyer. This is something I probably don’t do enough of, I focus on cash back and sometimes FlexPoints. Maybe I’ll start MSing other rewards currencies, but I like the flexibility of cash so much.
- Purchase and Activate a Temporary Target Redbird Card by Travel With Grant. Useful information for people struggling to do this. Interestingly there is a real cottage industry of people reselling these cards on eBay, craigslist and even on dedicated eCommerce sites. I’ve received 4-5 e-mails from people asking if they’d be able to advertise on the site selling these cards, I don’t feel comfortable doing that but if you’re really desperate a quick Google search should find what you need.
- “All-Inclusive” Hotels Using Points by Travel Is Free. Maybe I’m missing something, but those Egypt Hilton places for 20,000 points seem like a great deal. That would be ~$3,350 in manufactured spending on the Reserve card on 6x categories, which is only an imputed value of $74 (read the Freequent Flyer post if you don’t understand what an imputed value is). I’ve never stayed an all inclusive hotel because I love exploring and trying food and drink at local places and I don’t think I’d do nearly as much of that if it was all inclusive.
- Have A Hyatt Credit Card? Get 20% Back On All Point Redemptions Through July! Plus: A Unified Hyatt Award Chart With 20% Off Calculations by DansDeals. First to post about this deal, was going to do a dedicated post about it but this post by Dan covers everything you need to know. Frequent Miler also points out you can enroll new cards in this promo as well, so it might be worth applying for this card if you want to take advantage. It looks like Chase is testing to see how popular this would be as a benefit, earlier in the year Chasing The Points shared a survey he received where they were asking about a 10% benefit. I predicted that Relationship bonuses would change this year and it looks like that is slowly coming to fruition.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Refer A Friend Returns – Earn Up to 50,000 Points! by Miles to Memories. Personally I think you should wait for the public 50,000 point bonus which comes around multiple times per year. If you’re desperate you could use a friends link and ask them to give you half of the compensation ($25 or so).