Published on June 1st, 2018 | by William Charles3
Recap: AA Lawsuit, $5 Radisson Rooms & More
- MoviePass Parent Company Acquiring Emmett Furla Oasis Films (EXCLUSIVE) by Variety. I guess this is the acquisition they were hinting about? I don’t really know how MoviePass or Sinemia plan to survive long term at this stage but will be interesting to see.
- New Class Action Lawsuit Over AA.com Airfare Pricing by View From The Wing. I couldn’t disagree with Gary more. I’ve seen airlines price something at say $197, then you get to the payment stage and the price goes to $297. So you decide to look for another flight and start over, then the airline is still advertising the flight at $197 even though it’s already corrected that fare on check out. I don’t think anybody is saying that American Airlines should be sued because the booking experience is bad, but you can’t advertise a price that doesn’t exist regardless off how hard IT is. It’s hard to comment on the specifics of this case and I won’t but there has definitely been booking instances where I think companies have been engaging in intentionally deceptive practices.
- $5 rooms at Radisson Blue Mall of America (book on 6/14, very limited) by Frequent Miler. Personally I don’t think this is even worth trying for, but as FM says if you have some free time and could use a cheap room then why not go for it.
- Roomipay Autopay At 0% Fee Is Dead! by Travel In Points. Another one I didn’t know about!
Deals expiring at the end of today (view the full deal calendar here):
- American Express To Discontinue OPEN Savings Program (Savings On Business Cards)
- [Select Areas In WA, OH, PA, NY, CT] KeyBank $300 Checking Bonus
- Flying Blue (AirFrance/KLM) Unveils New Award Calculator That Will Replace Award Charts On June 1st, 2018
- Chase To Make Changes To Chase United Explorer Card (June 1st)
Deals expiring at end of tomorrow: