Published on August 12th, 2018 | by Chuck15
Recap: Amex Credit Card Limits, Selling Airline Miles and More
Some news from the past few days:
- Some TPM Sellers Who Liquidated GCs Receive GiftCard Mart Demand Letter by Travelwithgrant. The saga continues…
- Did Barclaycard drop Arrival Plus travel statement credit redemptions back down to $25? by Freequentflyerbook. A welcome change.
- Is the Amex 5 Credit Card Limit Gone? by Frequentmiler. Greg was able to get a 6th and 7th Amex credit card. Limit always used to be 4, then was bumped up to 5 for most people, with sporadic successes of 6. Not sure if I’ve heard of 7 until now, though I now see a couple other such data points in this r/churning thread.
- Court: Some Members Can Now Sell Their American AAdvantage Miles by Viewfromthewing. It’s a Brazilian court so won’t affect most of us, but interesting to see a legal challenge to the airline’s no-barter policy.
- New York Plans to Cap Uber and Lyft by WSJ (that link should get you past the paywall). This is a measure from the City Council, and could only really work in NYC where they issue licenses to Uber drivers.