Published on April 25th, 2016 | by William Charles2
Recap: Retention Calls, Opporunity Cost, $1000 Lfyt Bonus & Much More
- Android Pay’s Free Verizon Data Play by PYMNTS. A free 2gig of data, I wouldn’t activate Android pay solely for this bonus as they will probably offer something better down the line, but if you’ve already activated it on your phone I’d give it a go if you need the extra data.
- My retention call to Comcast to lower my monthly bill by Miles Per Day. It’s worth doing this annually for anything that comes with a monthly bill, it can result in big savings and never really takes long. Always a good idea to have in mind what a new customer will pay and also what the competitors are offering before going into your call.
- Opportunity Cost Of Earning Miles When Reselling by Oren’s Money Saver. As they say, cash is king and truer words have never been spoken.
- $1000 Lyft Driver Bonus Expands: New York City + San Francisco by The Rewards Boss. Probably worth signing up for these massive bonuses, but I don’t think being a ride sharing driver makes sense long term with falling driver rates.
- Uber will pay $100 million to settle class action lawsuits by Fast Company via VFTW. Part of the settlement is that drivers can now solicit tips. Personally I hate tipping culture, because it usually means workers are being grossly underpaid. I kind of wish Uber would stop dropping rates, they are already cheaper than their competitors everywhere and I wish they’d focus on a better experience as well as a better price point.
- This Woman Lived at the Waldorf Astoria for Over 50 Years, Owed a Million Dollars in Back Rent by View From The Wing. Be right back, moving in to the Waldorf. In all seriousness I’m not sure what her estate is smoking in thinking they won’t have to pay the bill.
- 1750 JetBlue points per order from 1800Flowers. Buy miles for 1.3 cents each. by Frequent Miler. Not a bad deal if you need JetBlue points, shame the flowers from 1800flowers generally suck and all the food items are over priced.
- Max Delivery – 1 Hour NYC Grocery Delivery – $20 Discount and $5 Referrals by Maximizing Money. No idea how overpriced their products are, so might be a good deal or bad deal depending on that.