Published on May 11th, 2016 | by William Charles1
Recap: United Status Upgrades, Target Discount, Staples & Office Depot Not Happening & Much More
- Target: $2 off a $10 Fresh Food Purchase! For The Mommas. Not a huge discount, but still useful if that’s where you purchase fresh food I guess.
- eBay And Sotheby’s Team Up For High-End Auctions by PYMNTS. Hopefully these partnerships will help eBay deal with fake bids, which can be a real problem on some of eBay’s other unique auctions.
- Turnover Tuesdays – Warranties by Oren’s Money Saver. One of the most annoying things about reselling is that the customer service aspect never seems to end. I wish I could just sell and forget.
- One Merger Not Happening – Staples & Office Depot by Running With Miles. Really glad this merger didn’t go through, we need some competition in the office supply space to keep our Ink cards nice and profitable.
- Mysterious MP status changes (increases) occurring [May, 10, 2016]? by Flyertalk. Lots of people have received upgrades to their United status, worth having a look to see if you received anything.
- Reselling Beyonce tickets at a loss… by Miles Per Day. When reselling tickets I usually just buy a couple and to things I wouldn’t mind seeing if I can’t resell them for a nice profit. I’ve actually found bigger artists like this much more difficult to resell than some of the smaller artists.
- Alaska Airlines Adds Japan Airlines as Awesome New Partner by View From The Wing. Nice addition by Alaska Airlines.
- What It’s Like to Go Truffle Hunting in Piedmont, Italy by Hungry For Points. I love trip reports like this and now I really want to go truffle hunting (although to be honest I’ve always been fascinated by truffles).
- 10K Amex Pay Over Time Bonus Follow-Up: How Long to Post, Hard Inquiry or Not & Getting Two Bonuses at Once by Miles to Memories. Nice recap of the pay over time bonus, worth keeping an eye out for.