Published on January 3rd, 2015 | by William Charles0
Refer A Friend To Arizona Central Credit Union And You’ll Both Get $100
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 ($100 for each party)
- Availability: AZ only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+ per month
- Additional requirements: Enroll in eStatements and perform at least 10 check card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull (Equifax)
- Credit card funding: Unsure
- Monthly fees: $5-$15, waive able
- Early account termination fee: Bonus clawed back if closed within six months
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2015
- Refer a friend to Arizona Central Credit Union and you’ll both get $100 added to your account when the following three requirements are met by the new member opening their account:
- Have a monthly direct deposit of at least $250
- Sign up for and are enrolled in eStatements
- Perform at least 10 debit card transactions within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 31st, 2015
- Existing primary members and joint owners opening a new membership do not qualify
- Former members qualify as a new member provided their previous account was closed at least twelve (12) months prior to the new open date
- Bonus will be paid out into the account within 10 days of the three requirements being met
- The bonus requirements must be met for six consecutive months
It’s necessary to maintain a balance of at least $25 at all times.
AzStyle Checking Account $5 Monthly
The $5 monthly fee is waived if you have 10 or more signature based transactions using your check card.
MyStyle Checking Account $10 Monthly
The monthly fee is waived if you are enrolled in eStatements and receive a direct deposit of $250 or more
There are also the HighStyle checking account that has a $15 monthly fee which is waived if you have a balance above $5,000 and teen checking or iStyle account for those between 13-23 which is free.
Early Account Closure Fee
If the account is closed within 6 months then you will forfeit the $200 bonus.
Unfortunately enrolling in this credit union results in a hard pull with Equifax. Because of this I think you’d be better off just signing up for a credit card that offers a cash bonus instead. In the past Arizona Central Credit Union has offered a $200 sign up bonus on their checking accounts.
In addition to this hard pull, ACCU also require you to meet the requirements each month for six months to avoid the bonus being clawed back. This is excessive given that the best bank bonuses don’t even require you to do some of it at all, let alone for six months straight.