Update 6/26/23: Payouts are coming out of the past week. Readers report getting from $53 up to $114.
The lawsuit alleges that a statement on the rear label of roundup products that states ‘targets an enzyme found in plants but not in people or pets,’ is false and misleading. Monsanto has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to this settlement.
Who Is Eligible?
You’re eligible if you purchase a roundup product (see below) with the above mentioned enzyme language:
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer III;
- Roundup® Ready-to-Use Weed & Grass Killer Plus;
- Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus; or
- Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate
How Much Will We Get
The settlement pool is $39,550,000. You’re able to make a claim for approximately 10% of the weighted average retail price of eligible products. If you do not have proof of purchase you’re limited to claiming one unit per household per year. If claims exceed the settlement pool then refunds will be reduced pro rate. Specific refund amounts range from $0.37 to $10.63 and can be seen here.
- Submit a claim/opt out by September 11, 2020
- Object to the settlement by November 5, 2020
- Fairness hearing on November 9, 2020
By participating in this class action you forfeit your right to sue based on this issue, if you don’t want to participate and want to pursue individual legal action you need to remember to opt out.
Hat tip to DDG