Published on July 11th, 2015 | by William Charles0
Selling Giftcards For 92%, What Credit Cards To Get, New BofA Approval Process & Much Much More
- Cardpool Bought my “66” Phillips Gas Gift Cards at 92%! by Oren’s Money Saver. If you got in on the 66 phillips gift cards deal, this is really useful information.
- What Credit Cards Are We Getting? by Travel is Free. Just goes to show how personal applying for different cards is, if somebody wasn’t in Drew’s situation wanted advice they would probably end up with vastly different cards in the end. That being said, it’s interesting to read his thought process but why he is or isn’t applying for certain cards.
- New BOA approval process and a stumble on my way to Necker Island by Frequent Miler. Interesting information and read as always.
- Gift Card Rescue Responds by Oren’s Money Saver. Terrible response by them, they’ve sealed their fate as “do not sell to” for me and I recommend readers do the same.
- Airbnb’s next biz traveler tactic by Travel Skills. I wish they’d make this sort of information easier for everybody to access (e.g, 24 hour key pickup).
- My first ever Travel (self) Insurance claim by Saverocity Travel. I think self insurance is fine for things like this, but I think the main reason people get insurance (of all different types) is when something BIG happens. What if instead of falling off a motorbike you’re hit by a car?
- Cannot Apply for US Bank Checking Account Online with Frozen ARS/IDA Credit Reports, Must Apply In-Branch by Travel With Grant. Not sure why this happened to Grant as I’ve successfully applied online with those accounts frozen. Having to go in branch is doubly bad, you waste more time and also can’t fund initially with a credit card.
- Staples Pulls $200 Visa Gift Cards and Limits Purchases by Points Chaser. I hope this is just temporary, although they’ve been marked as discontinued rather than out of stock.
- American Express “NEVER EVER does” WHAT?!? by Points With A Crew. Gotta love clueless CSRs, always hang up and call again or ask escalate to get the offer you know you should be getting.
- Episode 11 (7/10/15) – Free-quent Flyer and Full Time(ish) Manufactured Spending by Observation Deck. Great podcast and great special guest!
The below posts are a bit older, but I forgot to publish them and they are still well worth reading:
- Why are credit card companies overwhelming Americans with offers this year? by Quartz. Some really interesting statistics here, sign up bonuses have increased across the board and delinquency rates are also decreasing.
- JetBlue Adds First Checked Bag Fee and Simplifies Fares With a Complicated Chart by View From The Wing.
- Useful BankAmeriDeal At Office Depot by Chasing The Points. BankAmeriDeals seems to be getting more and more competitive.