Published on June 24th, 2015 | by Chuck48
$100 Phillips Gas Gift Card for $90, Stack with Bonus Bucks for $24 Moneymaker
- Purchase $100 Phillips 66 gas gift card for only $90. Limit 3.
These gift cards can be used at Phillips, 76, and Conoco.
The Fine Print
- Limited quantity available (there appears to be around 10,000 available and I expect this deal to last for a few days at least)
These gift cards can be used both at Phillips and at 76 gas stations. Interestingly, 76 gift cards resell for 92% of their value while the Phillips 66 cards only go for 86-88%. Hopefully, the cards will be generic and say both gas stations on the card. I’m not counting on that, however, and we’re assuming for now that we’ll have to either use it or resell it for 86-88%.
If you buy the max 3 cards for $270, and resell them for $88 x 3, you’ll be taking a loss of $2 on each card, or $6 total.
- Assuming you have an offer just today 6/24 and tomorrow 6/25 (ends soon!) to get 8% back in eBay Bucks, then you can get $21.60 back in Bucks. After accounting for the $6 loss from the resale, you’ll end up with a $15.60 profit.
- You’ll also get around $3 back from the portal.
- You’ll also get 270 credit card points, which we’ll evaluate at a minimum of $5.40. (SVM on eBay does not code at 5x points with INK.)
- Total: $24
- Deduct $2 for shipping to the exchange
- Final total: $22
Note that if you end up reselling at 86% or 87%, the math will be worse. And there’s also a chance of devaluation which makes this deal a risk. I’m still harboring a hope that we’ll be able to resell them for 92%, but it’s more likely not to happen.
HT: Shipyard on Fatwallet