Published on October 1st, 2019 | by William Charles21
Sony/Playstation Credit Card To Relaunch & Be Managed By Comenity – ‘Exciting’ Updates Happening In November
Update 10/1/19 & correction: The new card will be issued and managed by Comenity with the following structure:
- Earn 5X points per $1 on PlayStationTMStore purchases1
- Earn 5X points per $1 on PlayStation® & Sony purchases at authorized retailers. Must submit a bonus point form.2
- Earn 3X points per $1 when paying your mobile phone bill.3
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.4
- Earn 50% back as a statement credit off of a new PlayStation®Plus 12-month subscription when you use your PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card and spend $3,000 on your PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card within one year of your credit anniversary date.5
Overall not exciting at all. Hat tip to reader Kyle
Original post: Currently it’s not possible to apply for the Sony or Playstation credit card. When you reach the application page you’re instead presented with a message stating:
The Sony Card and PlayStation Card programs are undergoing a transformation, please check back for exciting updates happening in November. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Capital One relaunched these cards in 2017 and before that they changed the earning structure in 2015. It seems like Capital One likes to relaunch the card every two years. I doubt the updates will be exciting, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
Hat tip to Brandon H