Update 7/26/20: Offer seems to be Expired now.
Update 2/11/20: Chase is matching to this offer as long as you applied within the last 90-120 days.
Chase increased the public offer on the Southwest Business Performance card:
- Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases within 3 months of account opening.
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after you spend an additional $20,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x Southwest points per $1 spent on Southwest and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases
- 2x Southwest points per $1 spent on purchases in the following rewards categories: social media and search engine advertising; internet, cable, and phone services
- 1x Southwest points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- $199 annual fee (not waived first year)
- Four upgrade boardings per year when available
- Every anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of 4 upgraded boardings. Upgraded boardings are positions A1-A15. These can be purchased on the day of travel only at either the departure gate or ticket counter and aren’t always available. Price of these upgraded boardings varies based on the itinerary, I think it’s usually $30-$40.
- The benefits of being in this boarding position is you may be able to get an exit row seat (and at worst you’ll get another seat you want) and you can find overhead bin space.
- Anniversary year is defined as ‘the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year.’
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Fee Credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- 9,000 anniversary points each year
- Inflight WiFi Credits, up to a total of 365 $8 credits per year for all WiFi transactions on the overall business card account
- Earn tier qualifying points towards A-list status
- For every $10,000 in purchases you make you’ll earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs), you’re limited to $100,000 in spend or 15,000 TQPs. These can be used towards qualifying for A-List status (35,000 TQPs or 25 qualifying one way flights) or A-List preferred (70,000 TQPS or 50 qualifying one way flights).
- For this benefit, “Annually” means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date.
- Points earned count towards Companion Pass
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- 5/24 does apply to this card
The base offer here is the same as the previous offer, but now they added the additional tier to get an extra 30,000 points with $20,000 additional spend. You’re getting a bonus 1.5x on the final $20,000 in spend for a total of 30,000 points (on top of regular credit card earn).
It’s not amazing, especially if you’re giving up a referral bonus (e.g. from a spouse), but the numbers work out perfectly for the Companion Pass 125,000 points requirement making it overall a really nice deal. It especially makes sense especially for someone who anyway finds Southwest points worth earning at 1x, or for someone who can make use of the 2x or 3x categories offered on the card.
The referral and public offer is still 70k points on $5k spend, it’s not known if they’ll change the referral offer to match this one. If you did signup up with the referral or web offer, you should be able to get it matched with this public 100k offer. Check out these other Things to Know about Chase as well.
The three personal Southwest cards are also at an increased bonus of 75,000 points with $5,000 spend in 6 months. The Business Premier version is still holding at the regular 60,000 points bonus on $3,000 spend.
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Southwest Companion Pass
- New Card Review: Chase Southwest Performance Business Card with 70,000 Points Signup Bonus and $199 Annual Fee
- All Southwest Personal Cards 75,000 Points Signup with $5,000 Spend in 6 Months (Public & Referral Offers)
Hat tip to Cow_Boy_Roy