Published on August 10th, 2017 | by Chuck14
Stop&Shop $15 Shopping Credit with $100 Gift Card Purchase; Giant & Martin’s 5x Fuel Points [8/11-8/24]
- Stop&Shop: Buy $100 in select third-party merchant gift card and get a $15 shopping voucher
- Giant/Martin’s: Get 5x fuel points on select third-party merchant gift card
The following gift cards are eligible for this promotion: Best Buy, Staples, Nike, Kohl’s, Toys R Us, Chipotle, Sephora, Gap, XBOX, Lord & Taylor, Children’s Place, Foot Locker, Bass Pro.
Note, the $15 offer might not be in all Stop&Shop’s; check your local circular to confirm which deal is running.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid 8/11/17 – 8/24/17 (two weeks)
- The $15 voucher will expire 8/31/17
- $15 voucher will print on the receipt – don’t lose it
- $15 voucher can not be used toward purchase of gift card
- Limit 1 offer per transaction
- Must use Stop&shop/Giant/Martin’s card
The $15 off deal is certainly better on the surface: assuming you have groceries to buy anyway, it amounts to a 15% discount on these gift cards. The thing is that you’ll have to checkout each $100 of gift cards in separate transactions, and then you might have to use the $15 vouchers in separate transactions – let us know your experiences in the comments.
Assuming it’s really easy for you to use those $15 vouchers, there might even be a resale play with gift cards like Best Buy, depending on your reselling relationships. For most people, this will just be a way to get a discount on gift cards to merchants they’d be shopping at anyway.
The 5x fuel points deal isn’t as exciting, but it’s much easier to make use of since you can do a single transaction and get fuel points for the full amount at once.
Be sure to use a credit card that earns at a high rate on grocery store purchases.
Hat tip to DDF