Published on January 22nd, 2019 | by Chuck84
Swagbucks: $10 Moneymaker + $40 Free Food with Home Chef, Stack with $10 Amex Offer
- Get 3,000 Swagbucks with your Home Chef order.
- Get $30 off your first order with promo code MEALS4U.
- There’s also an Amex Offer deal for $10 off purchases $45 or higher.
- Some people are also seeing a deal on Bank Amerideals/Chase Offers/other banks for 10% off at Home Chef. That one is a bit easier to do than the Amex deal since you don’t need to hit any $45 threshold.
Here’s how to go about this deal:
- Choose the amount of people and meals you’d like. Minimum is 2 meals for 2 people which costs $39.80.
- Get the $30 discount
- Pay $10 shipping fee
- Total paid for first week will be $19.80
- The 3,000 earned Swagbucks will cover more than the $19.80 cost
If you spend $45, you get free shipping. Far as I can tell, the only way to push your total up to $45 is by choosing 3 meals for 2 people, that brings the total up to $59.80, but it does save the $10 shipping, for a final cost of $29.80. (Last time there was some discussion about adding extras to push it over $45.)
The Fine Print
- Offer ends 1/24.
- Limited to one offer redemption per household.
- Members must be mobile verified in order to access the offer.
- Layering other promo codes will void your ability to earn SB.
- Use of AdBlocking programs may prevent offer from crediting
Far as I know, you can cancel after the first week and get the free meals + $10 profit. Certainly a nice time to try out HomeChef if that’s something your interested in. Last time around, the Swagbucks posted instantly, and that seems to be the case this time as well.
There’s also an Amex Offer for $10 off $45. You can leave the subscription going for a second week, if you find the service useful, and trigger the Amex deal.
- Remember to cancel before the second charge if you don’t want the service to continue. Keep in mind that the second charge hits just two days after the first, so cancel the future orders right away if you don’t want them. You can also pause delivery online before you get around to calling in and cancelling.
- Bear in mind that some people end up having problems either with the portal tracking or with Swagbucks deactivating their account for reasons which aren’t clear, so keep the risks in mind.