Published on November 12th, 2016 | by William Charles9
Synchrony CheapOair & OneTravel Credit Card Reviews
Synchrony and Fareportal (CheapOair & OneTravel) have just launched new credit cards, they are offering three different cards:
- Visa signature
- Store card
You apply using the same link and the card you receive is dependent on your credit worthiness.
- Purchases of $399 or more (after discounts) give access to special financing for six months
- Sign up bonus of a $50 statement credit after $500 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening (excludes any purchases with special financing)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6x points on CheapOair.com and OneTravel.com purchases
- 4x points on dining purchases
- 2x points on all other purchases
Keep in mind that you’ll add the 6x points in addition to the points you normally earn. The rates for that is as follows:
- Airline tickets: 1 point per $1 spent
- Hotel rooms: 3 points per $1 spent
- Rental cars: 3 points per $1 spent
- Trip Extras: 1 point per $1 spent
Keep in mind that the store card will only earn 6x points on CheapOAir/OneTravel purchases as it can’t be used outside of this.
How Much Are Points Worth?
Points can be redeemed for hotel bookings or redeeming them for gift cards. Both programs give you 500 points for joining. Thanks to reader Dov we know that points are worth 0.5¢ each when redeemed for airfare or CheapOair/OneTravel gift cards. A $10 third party gift card will cost you 4,000 points (0.25¢ per point).
As points are worth a maximum of 0.5¢, the card realistically looks like this (and this is a best case scenario):
- 3% on CheapOAir/Onetravel purchases
- 2% on dining purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
There are better cards for dining purchases and every day purchases and 3% back on travel isn’t exactly exciting either. We originally posted this on September 30th, 2016, we are reposting because the cards are now live.