Published on November 24th, 2017 | by Chuck40
[Expired] [Live, Works with GCs] Target: Spend $50 on 11/24/17 and get a 20% Storewide Coupon
Deal has expired. Never miss another deal by signing up for notifications.
[Updated. Reposting 112/4 since it’s now live. A reader notes that a $50 Target gift card purchase is working to trigger the coupon. That makes it ridiculously easy to do this deal if you value it.]
The Target Black Friday ad is out and it shows the following deal (toward end of ad):
- Shop $50 or more at Target stores or online on November 24th and get a coupon for 20% off at Target stores to be used November 28th through December 10th
The Fine Print
- $50 spend must be in a single transaction
- Coupon will come via email on November 25th for online orders; for -in-store orders you’ll get the coupon at the register
- Coupon valid November 28th through December 10th
- The initial spend can be done in-store or online. Unclear whether the 20% off will work online too or only in-store.
- Limit one 20% coupon per guest
- Category Coupon. Valid one-time use only. Limit one identical coupon per guest. Percent off coupon will apply to all qualifying items in transaction. Cannot be combined with any other Category Coupon. This coupon for use by original recipient only. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Promo code may not be applied to previous orders. Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total. No cash value. *Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Bose, CVS clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DSLR cameras & lenses, Duluth Pack, Elf on the Shelf, select games (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Exploding Kittens, What Do You Meme, Bears vs. Babies), gift cards, Google products, GoPro, LEGO, LG OLED TV, Mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware & Switch software, Playstation 4, prepaid cards, Pulsar watches, Sonos, Target Optical, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, WellieWishers, Xbox One, Xbox One X.
- The $50 minimum will calculate after all discounts were applied
- CVS pharmacy, clinic, and optical are excluded (terms sound like they are excluded from being part of the $50; not sure if they are excluded from using the coupon)
- Unclear if buying a $50 Target gift card will trigger the coupon (I’d guess third-party gift cards will work)
The 20% off coupon is quite generous as it there isn’t any volume limit. The major question: what is the ‘some exclusions apply’ limitation. If you can get 20% off expensive electronics, it’s an excellent deal, otherwise most people will just be able to get $10-$50 of value out of this on regular shopping and holiday shopping. Still a nice deal.
Another thing I don’t like about this deal is that it might be meant to replace the yearly ‘10% off Target gift cards‘ deal. We’ll see.