Update 2/1/23: Another round of this $350 bonus went out today. Funds must be deposited by March 3, 2023 and held through May 2, 2023. (ht San & ESIS)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $350
- Availability: Nationwide but targeted
- Deposit required: $25,000 for 90 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull AFAIK, but not confirmed
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Household limit: None listed
- Current Rate:
- Expiration date: October 8, 2022
Targeted offer sent out via e-mail (subject line ‘<name>, earn a $350 bonus with Amex Savings’)
- American Express is offering some cardholders an offer to open a new American Express Savings account and get a $350 bonus when you deposit at least $25,000 by October 8, 2022 and hold the fund through January 6, 2023.
The Fine Print
- This offer is only available to customers new to American Express Savings. This Offer is not available to (i) non-American Express Card Members, (ii) American Express Card Members who did not receive this email from American Express directly, or (iii) American Express Card Members who have been named as a primary or joint holder on an active American Express Savings Account (High Yield Savings, CD or IRA).
- You, as the direct recipient of this email can only be eligible for 1 offer. The new High Yield Savings Account must be opened using the email address that directly received this email, and the recipient of this email must be named as the primary holder when opening the new account. In the event that more than one person shares the email address to which this email was delivered, the individual named in the body of the email will be treated as the recipient eligible for this offer. In the event multiple accounts are opened by the eligible recipient, the High Yield Savings Account with the highest balance will be eligible.
- A cash bonus amount of $350 will be credited to your new account after you, as the primary account holder, deposit a total of $25,000 or more of new money (not transferred from an existing American Express Savings, checking or debit account) into a new American Express High Yield Savings Account by 11:59pm ET on October 8, 2022. A “new” account for this purpose is an account that is opened on or after the date on which this email was sent by American Express. High Yield Savings Accounts that were active prior to the date on which this email was sent by American Express are not eligible for this offer.
- At the time the bonus is credited, your account must be open, in good standing and not restricted to qualify. Your balance may decline after the 90-day holding period, but the account must remain open and in good standing.
- All bank bonuses are taxable and you’ll receive a 1099 from American Express for this
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
No early termination fee is mentioned.
This seems to have been sent out to a lot of people, but it’s targeted and not everyone got it. We’ve seen similar offers before from Amex, and this one is better than prior offers. Given Amex already offers a decent interest rate, the added $350 on top makes this a nice deal.
Thanks to all who sent this one in
Amex HYSA rate just jumped to 3.75%.
I signed up and transferred 25k today will update after may 3rd when I should receive the 350 bonus.
Do you get any email to confirm that they received the 25k？for my checking account, I received an email to confirmed they received $5000
Never got an email but it shows in the hysa account.
How long did your 25K pull take to post?
I got targeted email but didn’t see it in time.
Wonder if its too late now to apply.
Also depends if Amex offers instant linking.
Hey, how fast was your account linking, and what bank did you push from? I just opened the Amex savings account this morning, and initiated the linking from a cap one 360 savings, but I’m worried the test deposits won’t come quick enough and I’m gonna miss out on the $350 haha ugh!
Took 2 days, sorry for late response. will update when I receive bonus.
2/18: Opened account.
2/19 Deposited 29K from Discover.
2/21 Deposit confirmed posted 29k from Discover Savings to Amex HYSA.
How often do the targeted emails go out? I was just targeted but my $25K is tied up in the $100 Marcus offer. Yes I know this AmEx one is $350 and the APY is comparable, but the payout for AmEx is 8-12 weeks vs 14 days for Marcus.
14 days ? huh
For Marcus, payout is 14 calendar days after maintaining $25k for 90 days.
The Marcus bonus only requires $10k, no?
Yeah. Sorry, should have elaborated. I goofed up when signing up for Marcus. I had 25K in Marcus, signed up, then transferred 10k in so I have to main that 35k to get the 100 bonus. Should have transferred 10k out, signed up, then transferred 10k back in so I’d only have to maintain 25k in Marcus and have 10k to float around.
So my choices now are wait for Marcus bonus to post then hope I get targeted again with a similar AmEx bonus later, or bite the bullet on Marcus and move 25K into this deal.
Looks like another round of offers are out:
“Kyle808, you can earn more with our High Yield Savings Account NEW HIGHER RATE 3.40% APY*
GET YOUR $350 BONUS IN 3 EASY STEPS
1. Click below to open a High Yield Savings Account and deposit $25,000 or more from an external bank account by March 3, 2023. (Timing tip: It can take up to 5 days to link your external bank account to your Savings Account.)
2. Maintain an account balance of $25,000 or more through at least May 2, 2023.
3. Get $350 credited to your Savings Account 8-12 weeks later as long as your account qualifies.”
I got the targeted email for $350 cash bonus as an amex card member and then applied and got approved for savings account. But I am not sure if offer was applied or not as it does not mention anywhere after I login to the savings account. I can call amex to confirm but just wanted to check if anybody knows.
Same boat here I deposited the 25k now im waiting until may 3rd and then within 6 weeks from may 3rd it should arrive.
Is external account linking instant using Plaid/Yodlee or similar ?
How long did it take for the 25K pull to post ?
It seems I got targeted email , only seeing it now 🙁
Two dayz for me
Cool I just got targeted too.
APY is up to 3.40% .
they are now targeting with a $200 offer for an American Express® Rewards Checking account
anybody know the ach transfer limit to push to American Express and mobile deposit limits to deposit into the savings account?
I was targeted for this bonus, and I also recently opened an Amex Biz Checking account when it was a 60K bonus. Am I eligible to receive both? I think so but not sure if they count the Biz Checking as already having an account open.
I am wondering the same thing. Did you give it a try?
targeted, and applied and approved instantly, wait till Feb 25 to transfer funds