Published on September 13th, 2017 | by William Charles3
[Targeted] American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Upgrade Offer
No direct link (there is but it’s tied to the last four digits of your card. Should see it when you log in or you might have received an e-mail)
- Take advantage of this special offer and upgrade your card to the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card. You get a $100 statement credit to cover the first year fee difference.
The Fine Print/Card Details
- Valid until 10/31/17
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles on all purchases made directly with Delta
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- Receive another 10,000 MQM after you spend $25,000 or more within a calendar year and an additional 10,000 MQM when you spend $50,000 or more within a calendar year for a total of 20,000 MQM (plus the sign up bonus)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card (Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required)
This promotion is very weird as it’s obviously meant to be targeted towards Delta Business Gold cardholders (they mention the annual fee difference of $100), but readers with other cards have also been receiving this offer. I think it’s in error as when they click upgrade now it doesn’t actually work. Usually American Express offers some type of bonus for upgrading but that’s not the case here (the $25,000/$50,000 spending bonuses are standard), they just cover the annual fee difference. I don’t really see any real reason to go for this offer. If you have any questions about upgrade offers, read this first.
Hat tip to readers Calvin T, Daniel B, Brian