Published on July 12th, 2018 | by William Charles13
[Targeted] BBVA Compass $10 Bill Pay Offer
Another round of this offer has been sent out. Check your e-mails to see if you received it.
No direct link, targeted offer sent via e-mail. E-mail subject line is ‘Your $10 Opportunity is Here/You’ve almost completed your $10 Opportunity!’
- BBVA Compass is offering a bonus of $10 when you make at least three qualifying bill pay transactions
- Note: BBVA Compass charges a fee of $4.95 for same day bill pays, so make sure not to select that option.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for this one-time $10 bonus, the Bill Pay subscriber must complete a minimum of three (3) qualifying transactions from the same bill pay account between June 25, 2018 and September 25, 2018.
- A qualifying Bill Pay transaction is one of the following:
- Adding and paying a new biller;
- activating a new eBill (not one that has been deactivated within the previous 90-days);
- setting up a new recurring or auto payment;
- or, using Same Day Bill Pay for the first time through BBVA Compass.
- Qualifying Bill Pay transactions must be at least $10 and must be sent to a unique party with a different mailing address from the Bill Pay subscriber; payments to oneself are excluded.
- The bonus (maximum of 1 per eligible subscriber) is a $10 non-transferable credit to the checking account and will be processed by November 30th, 2018.
- There is a maximum dollar amount of credits, as determined by BBVA Compass, under this campaign after which time BBVA Compass may close this campaign.
- To be eligible for the bonus, the checking account from which the Bill Pay transactions were made must remain open at the time of offer fulfillment.
- Any Bill Pay subscriber who meets the qualification requirements as of March 15, 2018 but whose checking account to be credited is no longer in open status when the credit is paid will not receive the bonus. Any applicable taxes associated with this offer are the responsibility of the account holder.
- BBVA Compass may report the value of the bonus to the IRS as required by law.
- Any client whose tax status would require BBVA Compass to impose tax withholding of any sort will not be eligible for this bonus.
I suspect a lot of people will have received this offer due to the recent $200 checking bonus. This $10 bonus would also require you to keep your account open until up to May 31st, 2018. Your account must be kept open for at least one year if you did the $200 bonus though so this shouldn’t be an issue for most people. Not the biggest bonus, but I’m sure everybody has three bills they can/need to pay anyway.
Hat tip to readers Trevor C, Matthew P & Mark C