Published on October 9th, 2017 | by William Charles17
[Expired] [Targeted, California only] Chase Southwest Plus: Companion Pass After One Purchase & 40,000 Points After $1,000 In Spend
This offer has expired, sign up for instant notifications to avoid missing any deals in the future.
No direct link, targeted offer
- Open a new Rapid Rewards Credit Card account make a purchase and receive a Companion Pass. You’ll also earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first three months of card opening.
- Annual fee of $69 is not waived first year
- Anniversary bonus of 3,000 points
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
- Promotional Companion Pass is valid from the time promotion qualifications are met, through December 31, 2018
I don’t actually think this offer is that great considering the cards just recently offered 60,000 points (business card still offering that). The Chase Southwest companion pass requires 110,000 points in a calendar year, by getting two cards you had 120,000 points and a companion pass. This is made better by the fact that you can time it so the points post in 2018 and then you have the bonus for all of 2018 and 2019. With this offer you get 40,000 points (20,000 points less than previously offered) and the companion pass for one year. If you got the business card it doesn’t even count to your 5/24 total. Personally I don’t really understand the hype around this offer when you break it down like that. The previous deal was much better.
Hat tip to cpxchewy