Published on June 24th, 2019 | by Chuck23
[Targeted] Citicards: Get 10% Back on Paypal Purchases, up to $40; or $25 Back on $75 Purchase (6/24-8/23)
Citi is sending out the following targeted offers on some cards (email subject: <your name>, earn up to $40 back when you shop with Citi and PayPal after qualifying purchases):
- Earn 10% back as a statement credit, up to $40, on eligible PayPal purchases with your Citi card between 06/24/2019 and 08/23/2019.
- Earn $25 back as a statement credit when you spend $75 on eligible PayPal purchases with your Citi card between 06/24/2019 and 08/23/2019.
Others are seeing other kinds of variations, like 5% instead of 10%.
The Fine Print
- Earnings associated with this program will equal 10% back on eligible PayPal purchases that will be posted as a credit on your account and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled.
- Total earnings associated with this offer are subject to a maximum of $40.
- Your purchases must post to your account between 06/24/2019 and 08/23/2019. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the date that your purchases post beyond the promotional period.
- An eligible purchase is a purchase made when PayPal is the payment method, except for peer-to-peer transactions (such as PayPal Send Money transactions), Citi credit card purchases made with convenience checks, cash advances, and items returned for credit.
- The statement credit will be applied to your account within 2 billing cycles after the eligible purchases are posted.
- To qualify for this offer, your account must be open and current when the statement credit is applied. If you convert to another Citi product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer.
- Offer is non-transferable and only available for the account noted in this email.
I just got the 10% offer on my AT&T card and readers report on the $25 version, the later being a much better offer, obviously. Presumably these are being sent out as targeted offers on various cards. During Q3 2019, Discover is offering 5% back on Paypal purchases as well.