Published on September 13th, 2018 | by William Charles24
[Expired] [Targeted, IHG Cardholders] IHG: 20% Discount On Cash + Points Rates (Points From 0.46¢ each)
This deal has expired, view more IHG deals here.
- Save 20% when you make a points & cash booking with IHG. Book by September 20th for stays from now until November 4th, 2018. The discount will only apply to the cash portion of the rate
The Fine Print
- IHG® Rewards Club members must be logged in to receive 20% savings.
- 20% discount is offered at time of booking and only pertains to the cash cost of bookings.
- Bookings for The Venetian® and The Palazzo® hotels are excluded from discounts.
- This offer is subject to the general IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions.
Best discount is 25% under this promotion, 20% still good if you need the points in the short term. You can use this to effectively buy points at a discount rate. When you make booking it’s made clear that you’re actually purchasing the points and if you cancel your reservation they will redeposit the full points value rather than points + cash. It will usually be something along the lines of:
- Save 5,000 points & pay $40 ($32 with this discount)
- Save 10,000 points & pay $70 ($56 with this discount)
- Save 15,000 points & pay $99 ($79.2 with this discount)
- Save 20,000 points & pay $125 ($100 with this discount)
The rates will vary a bit from hotel to hotel, the best option is when you save 20,000 points for $115 ($92 with this discount) this makes the points cost 0.46¢ each. The Premier/Travel cards give you a 20% discount when purchasing points, I wonder if that will apply to this type of promotion as they do say you’re ‘buying’ the points? My gut feeling is no, but it’s possible (update: Doesn’t work)