Published on July 15th, 2017 | by William Charles38
Tips For Purchasing Walmart Giftcards & What To Do If Your Orders Are Cancelled
At the moment there is an extremely good American Express sync offer for Walmart: Spend $50 & Get $10 back. Apart from Walmart being a super popular store that lots of readers make purchases from, they also sell gift cards. Unfortunately a lot of readers have had their gift card orders cancelled so I thought I’d share a few tips and what to do if you order is cancelled.
Tips For Ordering Giftcards
Here are some tips for ordering giftcards without getting your orders cancelled.
- Contact them via chat to explain the issue. It seems the chat representatives can do something on their end to prevent the cancellations.
- Some people have had better success ordering physical gift cards instead of electronic.
- Take it slow, adding in filler items might also help.
- Create a new account. This might help if your account has been flagged for some reason and customer service can’t help.
Feel free to share your own tips in the comments below.
If Your Order Is Cancelled
If you order has been cancelled and you’ve received the congratulations e-mail then you can still get the $10 back but you still need to actually spend $50. Just keep in mind when you place another order, you won’t get another congratulations e-mail. For example:
- Purchase $50 in gift cards
- Receive congratulations e-mail
- Order cancelled!
- If you don’t make another purchase of $50+ you will not get the $10 back.
- If you do make another purchase of $50+ you will get $10 back, but you won’t receive another congrats e-mail.
It excludes corporate gift cards, what does this mean?
Walmart has a corporate gift card program, you can find that here. The aim is that corporations will buy giftcards from Walmart to reward their employees. If you’re buying regular gift cards then you have nothing to worry about when it comes to this exclusion. We discuss this more here.