Published on July 20th, 2017 | by William Charles173
Trying To Work Out M&T QJ Eligiblity Requirements (Including Lots Of Data Points)
M&T are offering a bank account bonus of $200, previously these deals were basically open to anybody but it seems they have cracked down on this and now not everybody is receiving the bonus. I thought I’d do some digging to try and find out who is/isn’t eligible. Some things to keep in mind:
- Bonuses post quickly after a direct deposit is received, basically any transfer seems to work for a direct deposit. I don’t think direct deposit is playing a part in these changes as the other codes QC/QD are working fine. Still lots of reports of bonuses posting quickly, so if a direct deposit has been received and no bonus has posted within a few days I am considering that as the bonus not posting and that person not being eligible.
- CA: 1 (only DP of somebody outside the area getting the bonus)
- CT: 1, 2, 3 (06902)
- HI: 1
- NJ: 1 (north NJ), 2, 3, 4, 5 (Central), 6 (08759), 7 (07601), 8 (Northern NJ (Hudson County)
- MD: 1, 2 (21040), 3 (Bowie)
- NY: 1, 2, 3 (Ithaca), 4 (Manhattan), 5 (white plains), 6 (buffalo), 7 (Brooklyn, 11238)
- PA: 1, 2, 3 (Lancaster PA), 4, 5 (19147), 6 (philly), 7 (Pittsburgh suburbs), 8 (philly)
- “Eligible States” (CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]):
- Out of target area: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- If you live in a state that M&T doesn’t have branches in, you won’t be eligible for this bonus. This means you need to be in one of the following states to have ANY chance of getting the bonus: CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Only the following states have had succesful data points: NJ, MD, NY, PA.
- There are data points from some states were people have reported both success and failure, to me this means they are not targeting the bonus state wide. My suspicious is its based on how close you are to a branch OR how close you are to areas they have sent mail outs to. I think distance from branch is most likely. What kills this theory is datapoints like this.
- Whatever you do, DON’T CALL THE BANK!! All you’re doing is alerting them to the fact you didn’t receive the mailer and aren’t eligible, possibly flagging the account or killing the deal for others.
I’d love more data points from readers, especially readers who have successfully gotten the bonus and those who have been unsuccessful but live in NJ/MD/NY/PA. If possible please include your zip code or general area. Thank you in advance. Thanks also goes to to Yet Another Redditor for compiling the reddit data points and motivating me to write this post.