Published on July 5th, 2017 | by William Charles366
[YMMV] M&T Bank $200 Checking Bonus QJ – Available Online [CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
Warning nobody is really receiving the bonus at the moment. This is definitely wait and see currently. We have more datapoints and discussions on this here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $50 180-days
- Expiration date: August 18th, 2017
- Household limit: None listed
No direct link to offer (go to mtb.com/checking and enter promo code QJ, but read our verdict first)
- Open a new M&T personal checking account by August 18th, 2017 with the promotional code QJ and receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you do the following:
- Set up a qualifying direct deposit of $100 or more within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Qualifying direct deposits include but are not limited to electronic deposits such as payroll or social security and do not include electronic money transfers or credits such as account-to-account transfers or those made through internet payment services
- Bonus will post to the account within 90 days of meeting the direct deposit requirement
- Limited to one bonus per customer
- Offer may vary by region and product
- Offer is nontransferable
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The bonus is available on any personal checking account, including: EZChoice Checking, MyChoice Checking, MyChoice Plus Checking, MyChoice Premium Checking, Classic Checking, Basic Banking. Let’s look at the easiest options for keeping fee free.
[Note that M&T Bank is one of the few banks that doesn’t give you a grace period, the requirements mentioned below must be completed your first month to keep it fee-free.]
This account has a monthly fee of $9.95, soon changing to $6.95.
- Monthly fee is waived by making just ONE transaction such as a deposit, withdrawal, or debit purchase.
This account has a monthly fee of $6.95 that can be waived with any of the following methods:
- Receive direct deposits totaling $200 or more
- Make 10 or more monthly debit card purchases
- Keep an average daily balance of $500 (might be $1,500 depending on your area) or more
This account has a non-waivable $3 monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 180 days otherwise $50 bonus will be charged.
Another M&T bonus, yay! People love these as you can get them out of state (just click out of the box asking for zip code originally) and you can also sign up for multiple accounts (with different codes) and get the bonus. Bonuses also post extremely quickly after meeting the requirements. There are two other active bonuses currently:
- M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QC) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
- M&T Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Available Online (QD) [AZ, CT, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV]
This will be added to our best bank account bonus page as soon as we get confirmation that non targeted people have received the bonus.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications