Published on March 4th, 2020 | by Chuck34
[TX] Texas Bank 2.50% APY Checking On Balances Up To $50,000
Update 3/20/20: Down to 2.50% now.
Update: Just after this was posted the bank lowered the rate from 4% to 3.56%, presumably due to the .5% fed rate drop.
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 3.56% APY
- Maximum Balance: $50,000
- Availability: TX
- Direct deposit required: None (one ACH)
- Additional requirements: 12 debit card transactions, online sign in
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: FDIC
- Texas Bank Financial has their Kasasa Cash checking account which offers 3.56% APY on balances up to $50,000 when you meet the following requirements:
- At least 12 monthly qualifying debit card transactions.
- At least one ACH (in/out) per month (no minimum dollar amount).
- Sign in to online banking at least once per statement cycle.
There are no monthly fees. The account even refunds ATM fees, up to $25 per month.
Pretty easy requirements and large $50,000 limit on the 3.56% rate. This is a really good deal for Texans. I don’t see the requirements on the bank site, but reader d4 tells us of those requirements. We’ll add it to our List of Best Savings Rates.
Hat tip to reader d4