Published on February 27th, 2018 | by William Charles84
[Expired] U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Olympics Bonus (32,100 FlexPerks Points)
This bonus has expired, view the best credit card bonuses by clicking here.
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus on the Travel Rewards Visa card for the winter Olympics. Now that the Olympics are over we know the bonus is a total of 32,100. Broken down as follows:
- 25,000 FlexPoints after $2,000 in spend
- 4,500 for gold medals (9 gold earning 500 each)
- 2,000 for silver medals (8 silver earning 250 each)
- 600 for bronze medals (6 bronze earning 100 each)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x FlexPoints on the category you spend the most on (at gas stations, grocery stores or airlines) and at most cell phone service providers during each billing cycle.
- 1x FlexPoints on all purchase purchases
- $49 annual fee waived first year
We were expecting around 7,450 points based on previous years, so this is slightly lower than expected but not by much. Keep in mind that FlexPerks are worth a maximum of 1.5¢ per point now though. Also keep in mind this card is eligible for real-time rewards making these points easier to use and get that 1.5¢ value. The issue with this bonus is that it’s offered by U.S. Bank and getting approved for their cards are difficult, some people would be better off trying to get the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve instead. As always before applying for this or any other U.S. Bank card read these things everybody should know. I will be adding this bonus to our list of the best credit card sign up bonuses.
Hat tip to TequilaTitan