Published on November 4th, 2018 | by William Charles13
U.S. Bank Launches Quicken Co-branded Credit Card – 2x Points In Select Categories, No Sign Up Bonus = Worthless
U.S. Bank has partnered with Quicken to offer a new co-branded credit card called ‘Quicken® World Mastercard®‘. To apply for the card it looks like you need to be a Quicken customer. Let’s take a look at the card in more detail.
- No sign up bonus
- No annual fee
- Card earns 2x points per $1 spent on the following purchases:
- recurring bills, including utilities, telephone, cable, club memberships, and even your Quicken software subscription
- grocery stores, and supermarkets
- dining, including restaurants, bars, and fast food
- Card earns 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The only way this card would be useful is if points were worth more than 1¢ a piece and I just don’t see that being the case here. Keep in mind some cards offer 2%+ cash back on ALL purchases not just specific categories. There are also cards that offer bonuses in the specific 2x earning categories this card offers:
Other cards offer massive sign up bonuses. I can’t see any reason why you would want to sign up for this card.