Published on February 20th, 2018 | by William Charles5
Upside: Make a $600+ Travel Booking & Get $100 In Gift Cards Via Acorns [New & Existing Users]
- Acorns is offering new and existing Upside customers $100 in ‘found money’ when they spend $600 or more. For those not familiar:
- Acorns is an investment app that has something called ‘found money’. This basically lets you earn cash back for spending at certain retailers
- You can read a full review of Upside here. Basically they are an online travel agency that aims to save businesses money by offering their employees gift cards for taking cheaper flights/hotels.
The Fine Print
- $600 spend requirement is before taxes
- Eligible Transaction: Any purchase from Partner made by clicking the Partner link in the Acorns app and immediately completing the transaction using a valid credit or debit card that is properly linked to your Acorns account.
- Limitations: This promotion is only valid for purchases of more than $600 with Partner. You are only eligible for one (1) contribution with respect to this promotion.
- Promotion Period: You must successfully complete the eligible transaction between midnight (Pacific Time) on February 1, 2018 and midnight (Pacific Time) on April 30, 2018. Acorns may, from time to time at its sole discretion, extend, shorten, or otherwise modify such time period by posting changes at its website or within the Acorns app.
- Notification and Posting: You will typically be notified within 72 hours of successfully completing an eligible transaction, and contributions to your Acorns account will typically be posted within 120 days thereafter
- Works for new and existing Upside customers
If you’re new to Upside you should also be able to stack it with whatever the current referral bonus is. Keep in mind the referral bonus has been as high as $250 in gift cards for a $400+ travel booking. If you’re new I’d personally wait for a better offer as even with this $100 for Acorns you won’t be able to get close to that spend $400, get $250 back in gift card deal. This deal is better suited to existing Upside customers. If you’re new to Acorns, I’d recommend signing up via a referral found here. For more information I’d recommend reading this Frequent Miler post.