Published on October 21st, 2015 | by Chuck4
[Expired] US Bank Adds Gogo Pass Benefit to Flexperks Visa Card
This benefit was discontinued on January 1st, 2019.
New Gogo Benefit
- US Bank Flexperks Travel Rewards Visa Signature cardholders can register for a free benefit of 12 complimentary Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi passes.
What I found especially interesting is that the fine print indicates that this new benefit is likely here for the long term:
At the end of your initial 12 month period, provided the Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Benefit is still being offered, and you continue to meet U.S. Bank’s eligibility requirements, you will receive an email inviting you to re-register for the benefit at https://visa.gogoair.com/usbank to receive another 12 Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Passes.
I read this to mean that this is slated to be a permanent new benefit on the Flexperks card, not just a one-time offer.
The Fine Print
- In order to be eligible, you must have made at least one purchase (purchase minus credits and returns) in the past 12 months prior to registering for the benefit, and Card is not past due or otherwise inactive; if your Card has been inactive and you make a purchase to qualify for the benefit, it may take 2-3 weeks to become eligible for the benefit
- If you have an existing subscription with Gogo, you’ll need to suspend or cancel the subscription first; or you can simply activate these free passes on a new Gogo account by opening a new account with a new email address
- Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi Passes are valid for 12 months from the date that you register your card
- Must register prior to flight – you can’t register in-flight
- Currently can be used on Alaska, American, Delta, and Virgin; see updated list here
- Each flight segment (takeoff and landing) will use up another one of the passes
- Full terms here
This is a great new benefit which can really add value to the Flexperks Visa. Remember, the card has an annual fee of $49 after the first year so it’s nice to see a recurring benefit to help ‘cover’ the fee.
[This benefit may also be a reason for someone to choose the Flexperks Visa over the Flexperks Amex. Another reason to choose the Visa is due to the fact that Kiva does not earn bonus points on the Amex version. Of course, the Amex version has the advantage of being eligible for lucrative Amex Offers.]
Since it looks like this offer is here for the long term, it could make sense to hold out on registering until you are ready to use the passes so as to extend their expiration.