Offer at a glance
- APY: Up to 7.50% APY on balances up to $500 when you meet the requirements
- Availability: Southern Wisconsin and Northeastern Illinois only
- Direct deposit required: Recurring monthly direct deposit of at least $250
- Additional requirements: Enroll in eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $100, 90 days
- Expiration date: None listed
Landmark Credit Union offers a premium checking account offers a rate of 7.50% on balances up to $500. To receive this rate you must do the following:
- Be enrolled in eStatements
- Direct a direct deposit of at least $250 per month
On balances over $500 you’ll only earn 0.20% APY. There is also a $100 bonus for opening the account, but unfortunately this looks to be targeted as you need a promotional code.
7.50% rate makes it sound amazing, but when you realize that’s only a little over $3 in interest a month your enthusiasm will quickly be killed. There are much better high interest savings accounts out there. If you could get the $100 sign up bonus as well then maybe this would be a little bit more interesting, but as it stands this is an easy pass for everybody.