Published on February 10th, 2017 | by William Charles109
Is It Worth Sharing Your Referral Links On Doctor of Credit?
We give readers plenty of opportunities to share their referral links on this site, one of the reasons we do that is we don’t use affiliate/referral links for credit cards or bank accounts (for a variety of reasons) but usually the referral links will give the applicant the same bonus and the person doing the referring a bonus as well – so why not encourage that instead.
I always just assumed that there is a lot of people sharing these links, but few actually using them. Thankfully we’ve got a pretty great community of people on Doctor of Credit and it seems that I was wrong, people are actually using other people’s referral links. I have been receiving e-mails and comments stating as such, for example:
- Whoa!, big props to DoC and fellow blog readers. I’ve already maxed out my BCP referrals for the year due to this post. Please use someone else’s to spread the wealth!
- Sorry guys, no more referrals from me, maxed out! Thanks.
- Will, just wanted to say thank you for letting us post our referrals I was recently able to max out some of my amex links.
Increase The Chances That Somebody Uses Your Links
- Provide helpful comments. Whenever we post referral threads, I always ask people to use links from people that they have noticed providing helpful comments & information on the site. The more helpful comments you provide, the more likely people will remember you and use their links.
- Share deals with me. Whenever people send me deals/information to post I also always provide a hat tip to them to say thanks (and you should also support these readers by using their links).
- Create a Gravatar. You’ll notice that some readers have an image next to their comments, this is called a gravatar and anybody can upload one and attach it to the e-mail they use to comment. This will make your comments “pop” more but more importantly people are more likely to remember your useful/helpful comments from above.
- Use other people’s links. The more readers using links in general, the more likely your like will be used. If everybody just posts their links and nobody uses them, nobody wins! So if you’re going to apply for a card check for referral links (just make sure they are the highest bonus available before applying). And remember to use links from people that provide useful comments and share deals!
One of my goals for this site is to try and provide incentives for people to be helpful to each other, I absolutely hate negativity and I want this to be a place people enjoy coming to.
If you’ve shared your links on this site before, let me know if people have used your links or not. I hope they have and if they haven’t then hopefully some of the tips I’ve provide above will help you.
Update: Note, please put your referrals in the dedicated threads only (after following the instructions there). I’ve removed a few referrals from the comments of this post.