Published on October 20th, 2016 | by William Charles5
[YMMV] 10,000/5,000 Points For Adding An Authorized User To AmEx Hilton Cards
American Express have sent out two offers on their Hilton cards:
No annual fee
- Earn 5,000 points when you add someone to your card and your additional card members spend $500 in three months
Don’t have the direct link for this, please share in the comments if you do
- Earn 10,000 points when you add someone to your card and your additional card members spend $1,000 in three months
The Fine Print
- Valid until November 30th, 2016
- Bonus points will appear on the Basic Card Member’s Hilton HHonors Card statement 8-12 weeks after Additional Card Members have reached the spend threshold.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents
There is no fee to add an additional cardholder, just keep in mind authorized user accounts do count towards the Chase 5/24 rule. They offered a 10,000 bonus previously with no spend requirement. This bonus is basically just 10x on spend, Hilton points aren’t that valuable so it isn’t that good of a deal as it first might seem.
Hat tip to /r/churning