Published on October 28th, 2018 | by William Charles28
[Expired] [YMMV] Free IHG Spire Elite Status (Top Tier) For 90 Days + Challenge For 2019
Deal has expired, view more IHG deals by clicking here.
- IHG is offering free spire elite status for 90 days. You can also keep Spire elite status for the calendar year of 2019 if within 90 days of registering of the offer you meet the following requirements:
- Stay 10 nights (instead of 75) in 90 days and keep Spire Elite status for a year
- Stay 5 nights (instead of 40) in 90 days and keep Platinum Elite status for a year
The Fine Print
- The Instant Spire Elite offer (“Offer”) allows full time employees of an Eligible Company to experience most of the Spire Elite membership benefits for 90 days upon joining IHG Rewards Club or registering for the offer as an existing IHG Rewards Club member.
- The Offer is valid between August 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 and the member will have 90 days from the day of registration to consume the designated number of nights required to retain elite status for the calendar year of 2019.
- Instant Spire Elite members under this Offer will receive the bonus points or gifting benefit after completion of the required Stays. All full-time employees of an Eligible Company, who register in advance, stay at any IHG hotel between August 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 and book through ihg.com or an eligible company booking tool will retain Spire Elite status after ten (10) qualifying nights and Platinum Elite status after five (5) qualifying nights during the Offer period. If the member does not make the designated nights during the 90 day offer period then they will be downgraded to their previous membership level as of January 30, 2019.
- Members must book their stay using the corresponding IHG corporate travel booking codes through the Eligible Company corporate booking tool or booking direct at ihg.com with a minimum qualifying rate of $35.
- IHG reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Offer if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper administration of the Offer.
- Offer and members are subject to the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions found at ihgrewardsclub.com.
- The Offer is valid on reservations consumed during the Offer period but all stays must be consumed by January 29, 2019. Reservations consumed prior to registration or outside the Offer period will not be eligible for the Offer.
- This Offer is only available for each new booking/Stay during the Offer Period.
The fine print specifically talks about having to be a full time employee of an eligible company, so it doesn’t look like this is supposed to be public. People are receiving confirmation e-mails even if they aren’t from targeted companies, but I only saw one data point of somebody actually receiving the updated status and that wasn’t the full 90 days. Probably doesn’t hurt to try and sign up, I’d be worried you won’t get the updated status for 2019 if you meet the requirements though even if they do give you the 90 day trial so I wouldn’t be going out of my way to make IHG bookings.