Published on June 11th, 2017 | by William Charles0
Citi ThankYou Points 10% Transfer Bonus To Etihad (1:1.10)
- Citi is offering a 10% transfer bonus when you transfer your Citi ThankYou points to Etihad. The normal transfer rate is 1:1, with this bonus it becomes 1:1.1.
The Fine Print
- Offer is valid for Point Transfers to Etihad Guest completed by 11:59 PM ET July 5, 2017.
In previous years Etihad has offered a 25% transfer bonus:
- November 15th – December 31st, 2015 (inclusive): 25% transfer bonus
- July 1st – 31st, 2016 (inclusive): 25% transfer bonus
Both of those have been on Etihad’s end and this looks to be a Citi based bonus. Citi aren’t currently offering any transfer bonuses, but you can view a full history of the bonuses they have offered by clicking here. How useful this deal is will really depend on how highly you value Citi ThankYou points and also Etihad miles.
Keep in mind that Citi is making a number of large scale negative changes to the Citi Prestige card that will make these points less value for a lot of people. Changes include:
- No more American Airline redemptions at 1.6 cents-per-point.
- The travel redemption rate of 1.33 cents-per-point will be lowered to 1.25 cents-per-point.
One last thing to note is that Etihad miles expire after 24 months and there is no way to extend that.
Hat tip to /r/churning