Published on November 27th, 2013 | by William Charles0
How To: Load A Bluebird Account With Walmart And Giftcards
This tutorial will show you how to load a bluebird account with Walmart using Visa/MasterCard or American Express gift cards. Before we go into this method it’s necessary to understand why this might be useful. Bluebird acts as a regular checking account and can be used for paying bills, rent etc etc.
Because Walmart Giftcards can be purchased with credit cards it’s now possible to purchase a giftcard (and receive bonus points/miles or hit a minimum spend requirement) and then load that card onto a bluebird account. Here’s how:
Things You Need
- A Visa/MasterCard or American Express prepaid credit card/gift card with a scratch-able pin
- Bluebird account and card
- Walmart store with a MoneyCenter
The gift card can be purchased from anywhere, it’s important that where ever you purchase it from allows credit cards as getting the bonus points/reaching the minimum spend is the point of this exercise.
How To Load Your Account
- Create a PIN for your new gift card, the process varies from card to card so do a google search to find out the specifics for your card. (we suggest doing this before you purchase the gift card to ensure the one you’re purchasing can have a PIN).
- Go to Walmart & hand bluebird card to MoneyCenter representative.
- Slide your card through the credit card reader.
- If “Alternate options” appears click this on the screen
- Click debit box on the screen
- Enter the PIN number
- Payment approved on screen
- Receive your receipt and check for any errors
As you can see this is a pretty easy method, we’re sure that Walmart or Bluebird will cancel this at some point so get in whilst it lasts. The beauty of this method over Vanilla Reloads + Bluebirds is that there are a lot of stores that stock prepaid visa cards and allow you to pay by credit card.