Published on November 27th, 2013 | by William Charles4
How To: Load A Bluebird Account With Walmart And Giftcards
This tutorial will show you how to load a bluebird account with Walmart using Visa/MasterCard or American Express gift cards. Before we go into this method it’s necessary to understand why this might be useful. Bluebird acts as a regular checking account and can be used for paying bills, rent etc etc.
Because Walmart Giftcards can be purchased with credit cards it’s now possible to purchase a giftcard (and receive bonus points/miles or hit a minimum spend requirement) and then load that card onto a bluebird account. Here’s how:
Things You Need
- A Visa/MasterCard or American Express prepaid credit card/gift card with a scratch-able pin
- Bluebird account and card
- Walmart store with a MoneyCenter
The gift card can be purchased from anywhere, it’s important that where ever you purchase it from allows credit cards as getting the bonus points/reaching the minimum spend is the point of this exercise.
How To Load Your Account
- Create a PIN for your new gift card, the process varies from card to card so do a google search to find out the specifics for your card. (we suggest doing this before you purchase the gift card to ensure the one you’re purchasing can have a PIN).
- Go to Walmart & hand bluebird card to MoneyCenter representative.
- Slide your card through the credit card reader.
- If “Alternate options” appears click this on the screen
- Click debit box on the screen
- Enter the PIN number
- Payment approved on screen
- Receive your receipt and check for any errors
As you can see this is a pretty easy method, we’re sure that Walmart or Bluebird will cancel this at some point so get in whilst it lasts. The beauty of this method over Vanilla Reloads + Bluebirds is that there are a lot of stores that stock prepaid visa cards and allow you to pay by credit card.
Where To Find Visa Gift Cards
You can find visa gift cards at the following locations:
- Acme, $500 [Find locations]
- Jewell-Osco, $500 [Find locations]
- Giant, $500 [Find locations]
- Harris teeter, $500 [Find locations]
- Ralphs, $500 [Find locations]
- Kroger, $500 [Find locations]
- Wegmans, $200 [Find locations]
- Winn Dixie, $500 [Find locations]
- Sweetbay, $500 [Find locations]
Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in /home/doctorof/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sticky-social-bar/sticky-social-bar.php on line 117
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/doctorof/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sticky-social-bar/sticky-social-bar.php on line 123