Published on November 23rd, 2015 | by William Charles16
[Expired] [OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV] Huntington Bank $200 Checking Promotion, No Direct Deposit Requirement
This bonus is back, click here for our latest post.
This deal has now expired, you can view more checking account bonuses here.
[This was originally posted on 8/26/15. We are reposting it now as there are only two days left and it’s quite a good deal for those in the eligible area.]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and West Virginia
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit at least $1,000
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Expiration date: November 24th, 2015
- Open a Huntington 5 Checking account and receive a $200 sign up bonus when you make at least $1,000 in deposits within 60 days
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus will be deposited within 14 days of meeting the requirements
- This offer is not available to existing checking customers, including fiduciaries, or those with checking accounts closed within the last six months
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year
- This offer is only available to online applicants residing in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and West Virginia
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $5 monthly fee which is waived if you have a relationship balance of $5,000+ per month. There is also an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 180 days.
The best part of this bonus is that there is no direct deposit requirement, you just need to deposit $1,000 into the new account. You’re probably best off just paying the early account termination fee if you’re able to get an APY of 1%+ as you need to keep $5,000 in the account to keep it fee free.
In the past, Huntington Bank has offered $150 bonuses, but these required a direct deposit. The upside is the account had no monthly fees. It’s also sometimes possible to receive targeted bonuses of up to $350 with no direct deposit requirement and sometimes you can purchase these on eBay as well.
All that being said, this is the best public bonus Huntington Bank has offered and if I lived within the target area I’d jump on this deal. As such I’ve added it to our best bank bonus list. You can also find a full list of all checking promotions here.