Published on January 26th, 2019 | by William Charles486
[OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV, IL & WI] Huntington Bank $200 Checking Promotion
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- Direct deposit required: Not required
- Additional requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2016 June 30, 2016 September 30th, 2016 January 31st, 2017 April 30th, 2017 July 31st, 2017 October 31st, 2017 January 7th, 2018 March 31st, 2018 June 30th, 2018 September 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018June 30th, 2019
- Open a Huntington 5 Checking account and receive a $200 sign up bonus when you make total deposits of at least $1,000
Open a Huntington 25 checking account and receive a $500 sign up bonus when you make at least $15,000 in total deposits within 60 days
The Fine Print
- $200/$500 bonus will be deposited within 14 days of meeting the requirements
- Account must maintain an open account status for at least 90 days before it is eligible for the bonus payment.
- Huntington reserves the right to limit an individual to one account-related gift incentive per rolling 12-month period across all deposit account relationships
- This offer is not available to existing checking customers, including fiduciaries, or those with checking accounts closed within the last six months
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year
- This offer is only available to online applicants residing in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsi
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Huntington 5 Checking Account ($200 Bonus)
This account has a $5 monthly fee which is waived if you have a relationship balance of $5,000+ per month.
Huntington 25 Checking Account ($500 Bonus) This account has a $25 monthly fee. This is waived if you have a relationship balance of $25,000+ per month.
Early Account Termination Fee
They used to charge an early account termination fee but that is no longer charged. Account does need to be kept open for 90 days and then within 14 days of that the bonus will post
- Update 1/26/19: Deal is back and valid until June 30th, 2019. Hat tip to reader Pat
- Update 10/14/18: Deal is back but only the $200 offer is available and a direct deposit is required. I wouldn’t recommend this bonus. Hat tip to YAR.
- Update: When you click through it says the $15,000 in deposits must be maintained for 90 days. This makes the deal considerably worse.
It’s sometimes possible to receive $350 targeted bonuses with no direct deposit requirement (and sometimes these are also sold on eBay) but this is the best public bonus they offer. We don’t usually see the $500 bonus and it looks like you just need make $15,000 in total deposits rather than having $15,000 deposited at one time. Keep in mind the $25 monthly fee, but it might make sense to go for the $500 bonus and just pay a few months of $25 in fees. If I lived within the target area I’d definitely go for this bonus as no direct deposit is required. It’s kind of a hassle to keep the account fee free even on the $200 bonus, but you could just suck up the $5/$25 monthly fee or close the account (after bonus posts, minimum of 90 days) if you didn’t want to park $5,000/$25,000 (you’d be better off putting that money into a high interest account in my opinion).
We’ve added this bonus to our list of the best bank bonuses. You can view people’s experience with this bonus last time it was available here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to Maximizing Money