Published on March 20th, 2017 | by Chuck36
Radpad Coding as Travel with Apple Pay (3x UR Angle)
As reported last week, Radpad is back in the rent payments business. Recent report confirm that Radpad is still coding as travel when the payment is made with Apple Pay (1, 2).
In the past, Android Pay worked the same, though we don’t yet have data points on that. We now have reports of Radpad coding at 3x with Android Pay too (1, 2).
This is excellent news. Radpad does charge a steep 2.99% fee to use a credit card, but being that it earns Travel points, it’s now possible to ‘buy’ travel spend at 2.99%
Here’s where Radpad can be useful with Apple/Android Pay:
- Get your $300 Sapphire Reserve credit by paying your rent
- Meet minimum spend requirement on Sapphire Reserve (earning 3x) and Sapphire Preferred (earning 2x)
- ‘Buy’ UR points at 1 penny per point with the Sapphire Reserve card
- ‘Buy’ UR points at 1 penny per point with INK Preferred which also earns 3x on travel
- ‘Buy’ ThankYou points at 1 penny per point with Citi Prestige (1) or, presumably, the Premier card
Here’s where Radpad can be useful with direct payment:
- ‘Buy’ ThankYou points at 1 penny per point with Citi ATT card (this worked in the past)
The bigger angle would be if Radpad runs any sort of promotion in the future with lower fees.
Update 4/24/17: Radpad is no longer working to earn 3x with CSR. Unclear if it’s still working for bonus points on Citi cards, but probably all Chase cards won’t work.