Published on March 20th, 2017 | by Chuck25
Radpad Coding as Travel with Apple Pay (3x UR Angle)
As reported last week, Radpad is back in the rent payments business. Recent report confirm that Radpad is still coding as travel when the payment is made with Apple Pay (1, 2).
In the past, Android Pay worked the same, so that is likely the case as well, though we don’t yet have data points on that. We now have a data point that it’s working with Android Pay too.
This is excellent news. Radpad does charge a steep 2.99% fee to use a credit card, but being that it earns Travel points, it’s now possible to ‘buy’ travel spend at 2.99%
Here’s where Radpad can be useful with Apple/Android Pay:
- Get your $300 Sapphire Reserve credit by paying your rent
- ‘Buy’ UR points at 1 penny per point with the Sapphire Reserve card
- ‘Buy’ UR points at 1 penny per point with INK Preferred which also earns 3x on travel
- ‘Buy’ ThankYou points at 1 penny per point with Citi Prestige (1) or, presumably, the Premier card
Here’s where Radpad can be useful with direct payment:
- ‘Buy’ ThankYou points at 1 penny per point with Citi ATT card (this worked in the past)
The bigger angle would be if Radpad runs any sort of promotion in the future with lower fees.