Published on June 7th, 2016 | by William Charles1
Recap: Alaska Airlines Discount + Wine Benefit, NFC Enababled Ring, Vancouver Hotel Discount & More
- Visa Introduces NFC-Enabled Payment Ring for Team Visa Sponsored Athletes to Use at Rio 2016 Olympic Games by Business Wire. I don’t really think wearable payments have any sort of future, especially with wearable phones and just regular smart phones being payment enabled these days. Still cool to see.
- Vancouver Hotels Offering $100-$175 AmEx Gift Cards (ends August 2016) by Canadian Travel Hacking. They have been offering this promotion the last few years now.
- Alaska Airlines Visa Flight Discount Bonus Offer by Single Flyer. Seems to be targeted towards people that have their annual fee coming due soon.
- Alaska Airlines Visa Hidden Benefits – Free Wine & More! by Rocky Doublewides Fly. Didn’t know about the free wine tasting benefit for those in in Woodinville Wine Country.
- Message from reader Jeff:
I am not sure if this change applies in other states, but Payment Systems has changed the fee schedule for estimated tax payments to the Nebraska Department of Revenue. Previously, all such payments including debit cards were charged at the credit card rate of 2.49 per cent.Effective June 1st, 2016 (verified by telephone), when Official Payments is used:The credit card fee rate is reduced to 2.35 per cent.Debit cards are now a flat one (1%) percent of the payment. My discussion with Nebraska Department of Revenue covered store bought Debit Cards. It did not cover a limited number of payments per quarter like the federal limitation.Therefore, my future such payment will be with rewards credit card purchased Debit Cards. I like the idea of a 4% recovery of my tax dollars. In my particular case, based on my 2015 TurboTax reports, my state of Nebraska Estimated 2016 payments are about 30 percent of my Federal 1040 Estimated 2016 payments.IMO, this puts these payments in the same category as Federal Estimated Tax Payments as described in your DoctorofCredit articles.Only the members of your board can check out if the fee change applies to other states.
Anybody else notice a change in the fee for state payments?