Published on July 31st, 2015 | by William Charles2
$10 Into $1,000, Getting Approved For CSP, Chase IHG 80k, AwardWallet Compromised & Much More
- Going from a Ten Dollar Gig to a Thousand Dollar Gig by Saverocity. I agree with what the crux of Matt is saying, you should be focusing on deals that have either long term value, can be scaled or automated or are insanely profitable. That being said, my time is worth differing amounts at differing times, if I’m at work then it’s extremely valuable. When I’ve just finished work it’s also quite valuable, it’s when I’m able to write this blog and do various other tasks/hobbies. At the end of each night I usually have a few spare hours though, during this time I know that I’m not going to read about taxation of capital gains because I’m way too mentally exhausted. I’m either going to read or watch some TV, thus the value of that time is quite low – if I can do an easy repetitive task and earn $200 then I’m more than happy to do it. It gives me more joy than reading/watching TV and I can put those funds towards my retirement or another trip.
- My Unsuccessful Chase Sapphire Preferred Reconsideration Call, Visit, and Tweets by Travel With Grant. Grant basically tried everything in the book to get his decision reversed, but without any luck. The new Chase policy is real, so make sure you take it into account before applying.
- AwardWallet Hacked & Loyalty Program Accounts Compromised by Loyalty Lobby. A small number of accounts were compromised (250 according to AwardWallet). It seems like the hackers gain access by brute force for people that had comically easy passwords to guess/had used the same password with another site that was compromised. Not great news, but seems to be more of a problem with others security rather than AwardWallet’s.
- Chase 80K Point IHG Offers Being Delivered By E-Mail – Check Yours by Running With Miles. Remember it’s still possible for some to get the 80k point offer and + $50 statement credit by creating a dummy booking. It’s a shame these points won’t count towards Spire status.
- We taped a Chase Sapphire Preferred to a piece of string and dangled it in front of a cat by PFdigest. You won’t believe what happens next. by PFDigest. Easily the stupidest thing I’ve seen in awhile, but that’s why I love PFdigest.
- You Can Still Product Change to Better Balance Rewards by Oren’s Money Saver. You need to call, then call again and then keep on calling before you can get somebody that’ll actually do the product change. It might help asking for a supervisor, but I doubt it. This card is the perfect downgrade option.
- Up to 2.625% Back with the BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa – Is It the King of the 2%+ Cards? by Miles to Memories. You need to have a spare $100,000 laying around to get this rate and the Discover it Miles card is 3% for the first year so probably a better option if you’re doing significant volume.