Published on December 2nd, 2018 | by Chuck82
[Expired] 10% off Target Gift Cards Online and In-Store [One Day Only – Sunday, 12/2]
Deal has expired, view more Target deals by clicking here.
[12/2/18: Reposting again as a final reminder. A lot of us have a Target coupon for 20% off to use up now too, so this gift card deal stacks well. I don’t think any portal pays out on Target gift cards.]
[11/29/18: Official press release is out and shows the offer available in-store as well. Updated post below and added direct links.]
- Target will be offering their annual 10% discount on Target gift cards this Sunday, December 2.
- Offer is available in-store and online.
The Fine Print
- Target gift card redeemable 12/3/2018 at 10:00 AM Central (can’t be used right away)
- Offer valid for up to $300 in Target gift card purchases ($30 maximum discount) per household.
- No coupon code needed, discount automatically applied at checkout.
- Minimum gift card purchase is $10.
- Limit one transaction up to $300 in Target gift cards on Target.com.
- Offer does not include Target VISA gift cards, Target MaterCard gift cards & American Express gift cards and gift cards issued by other retailers such as dining lifestyle and entertaining gift cards.
- Offer excludes reloads of previously purchased Target gift cards.
Officially, it’s supposed to be just $300 per person. Some people like hitting this hard in Target stores by doing $300 per transactions if the cashier lets. Last year, Targetwent actually deactivated gift cards from some ultra heavy hitters, we wrote more details in the linked post.
Back in 2016, they did a similar thing to people who ‘rolled’ their Target gift cards, so I’d recommend against doing that (if that’s even still possible).
Target gift card purchases do not earn 5% off with REDcard, so you’ll want to pay with a different everyday credit card. Note: some Targets code as Grocery with Visa/MC.
Depending on your reselling connections, you might be able to find a buyer for Target gift cards at 90%+ making it an easy way to earn some free credit card rewards and maybe a small profit to boot. (It used to be possible to convert the Target gift cards to other gift cards, but that’s no longer an option.)