Published on July 17th, 2018 | by William Charles27
15 Of The Most Popular Prime Day Deals So Far
I thought I’d put together a list of the most popular prime day deals based so far. This is based on what readers are actually purchasing, so should give you some idea of what is/isn’t a good deal (at least according to other readers). I’m only including items that are still at the same price as they were and I’m trying to provide any other stacking opportunities readers might have taken advantage of (feel free to add any I might have missed in the comments). For up to date prime day deals, click here. Now onto the list (either our affiliate links or links to our dedicated posts on each deal).
- Amazon: Free $5 Credit with $25 Gift Card Purchase (promo code GCPRIME18). Not surprised this was the most popular, basically an extra $5 towards Amazon.
- Fire Tablet 7. This is/was $9.99 when using a single MR or TYP point.
- Fire Tablet 8. Same as above but $19.99
- Kindle Paperwhite for $39.99. Required using a single MR point and being targeted for the deal.
- Kindle eReader for $9.99. Same as above
- Amazon Fire TV stick for $19.99. Half price, I’d be interested to hear from readers who have this and a Chromecast on what is better and why.
- Gift cards. Rather than putting the individual brands in, I thought I’d just put this down. I suspect that these are here because there is a working promo code to get 20% off using a single membership rewards point (up to $100 off)
- Bose QC25 headphones. List price is $300 and readers have been able to get them from $70. That list price is crazy and I don’t think anybody would ever pay that much but at $70 it’s a steal. I have the QC35 and I love them for air travel. I prefer the bluetooth connectivity but when the price difference is this much I’d settle for these wired versions.
- Amazon: 23andMe DNA Genetic/Ancestry Test + 75. I suspect this would have been more popular if readers didn’t buy so many in previous years.
- Fire Tablet 10. Not as popular as the other Fire Tablets, but it’s a lot more expensive at $69.99
- SanDisk 128 GB micro SD Memory Card. Currently sold out, but you can reserve it for $23.88 and get it at that price when it comes back into stock.
- Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD. $34.99, half off. Basically the same as the TV stick but more features for more money.
- Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide Men’s Razor Blades, 12 Blade Refills. $23.61, savings of 51% from the list price. There should also be an additional 20% coupon you can clip on the product page to make it cheaper. If you purchase $60 in items you also get a further $20 off.
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa. $29.99, kind of surprised these were/are so popular. I feel like I’m missing a deal to make them much cheaper? Update: If you add two then you get $10 off making them $25 each
- Toshiba 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED FIRE TV with HDR. $289.99 save $110. Seems cheap for a 50 inch smart tv, but I am always worried the quality will be awful.