Deal is dead and sadly no longer working!
[Reposting since this promo code is working on Amazon gift cards, see Update below. The old 20% offer is not working on Amazon gift cards for most people.]
You should already be aware that it’s currently possible to get 20% off Amazon by using a single Membership Rewards point. In fact people have been able to do the deal twice. Some people have not been able to get the deal to work sadly, although signing up for Prime has helped in most cases.
If it hasn’t worked for you then try adding the promo code AMEXSWP20PD during check out to see if that fixes the issue. Follow these steps:
- Link a membership rewards earning card (our affiliate link here and below)
- Try to activate the promotion
- If activating the promotion doesn’t work, add items sold & shipped by Amazon
- Use at least one Membership Rewards point to pay (rest can be paid via a gift card or credit card)
- Add promo code AMEXSWP20PD
It’s Not Working For Me!!!! What’s Wrong?
- Make sure you’ve activated the offer first.
- Try removing all credit cards on your Amazon account apart from one Membership Rewards card.
- Make sure you’re applying at least one Membership Rewards point
- Do you have prime? Sometimes it doesn’t work for those without it. Read this guide to maximize your membership & get the best deal signing up.
- Got other tips? Leave them in the comments.
Let us know if this method did/didn’t work for you in the comments below.
Update: Readers note that this version of the deal is working even on Amazon gift cards (!), so long as you have another $100 of merchandise or $100 of third-party gift cards. Just remember the 20% discount comes off the the original price, so in a way it can be more valuable than cash or Amazon gift cards if you’re planning on doing regular shopping throughout Prime Day.