Published on July 7th, 2017 | by William Charles36
$200 Sign Up Bonus On Chase AARP Card + 3% On Restaurants & Gas Stations
- The Chase AARP card is now offering a sign up bonus of $200 when you spend $500 within the first three months of account opening. The card also earns 3% cash back on restaurants and gas stations.
- No annual fee
- Introductory APR of 0% for the first twelve months
- Chase donates $0.10 for every restaurant purchase to the AARP Foundation in 2015 (up to a maximum of $1,000,000), I suspect this will be extended for 2016 as well
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3% cash back on restaurant & gas station purchase
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
Do I need An AARP Membership To Apply For This Card?
No this field can be left blank.
This Card Earns Points, Can They Be Transferred To Airline Partners?
No, unlike the Chase Freedom card this card does not earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points which are transferable with a premium Chase card (e.g Chase Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred). Points are basically just good for cash back at a rate of one point = one penny.
Is This Card Effected By The Chase 5/24?
No, it’s not. You can get this card as long as you haven’t gotten the bonus in the past 24 months.
This is the highest bonus this card ever offers, normal bonus is $100 and they frequently offer $150 as well. This is one of the better cash sign up bonuses. There are cards that are better for gas purchases and non bonus-ed spend, 3% on restaurants is one of the better options. This card is not subjected to the 5/24 rule (but the card will count towards your total number of cards). Before asking any questions or applying for this card I’d recommend reading through these things everybody should know about Chase cards.
I would recommend this card for people that like cash bonuses, the 3% on restaurants with no annual fee is a nice bonus if you don’t have any cards that earn at a higher rate as well.
Hat tip to reader Aaron C